Marion to Bermuda Cruising Yacht Race
Start: Friday June 19, 2015
Marion-Bermuda Cruising Yacht Race Association, Inc.
Marion, Massachusetts, USA
Thank you to the volunteers and participants for a great 2013 event and see you in 2015!
Marion to Bermuda Cruising Yacht Race News
Check out the PHOTO SAMPLER
- June 28, 2013 Marion Bermuda: Cruising Race sets date for 2015 - Plan Now
- June 22, 2013 Winners Shine at Marion Bermuda Prizegiving
- June 20, 2013 Bermuda Sun’s Supplement
- June 19, 2013 Big Boats Rousted - Smallest Entry Takes Top Prize
- June 19, 2013 The Story Behind The Spirit Of Bermuda
- June 19, 2013 Dispatch from Spirit of Bermuda - Day 6
- June 18, 2013 Dispatch from Spirit of Bermuda - Day 5
- June 18, 2013 Marion Bermuda - Shindig finds Joy and Sorrow
- June 18, 2013 Dispatch from Spirit of Bermuda - Day 4
- June 18, 2013 Marion Bermuda - Shindig takes Line honors
- June 17, 2013 Marion Bermuda - Leaders struggle for Late Night Finish
- June 17, 2013 Dispatch from Spirit of Bermuda - Day 1 to 4
- June 16, 2013 Marion Bermuda - Leader hits the Happy Valley
- June 15, 2013 Marion Bermuda - Bermuda- Shindig hits 250 in 24
- June 14, 2013 Marion Bermuda - Fast Start... The Race is On
- June 13, 2013 Marion Bermuda - How Long will the Wind Last?
- June 12, 2013 Marion Bermuda - Departure Day-2
- Check out racer’s blogs.
Since its inception in 1977, the biennial Marion Bermuda Race has been a premier 645 mile ocean race and sailing event which appeals to a broad range of cruising and racing enthusiasts. The Corinthian spirit of the race is one focused on Family and Fun, and all yachts and crew are participating for the joy and pleasure of sailing, competition, and the camaraderie that accompanies such an offshore event. The Marion Bermuda Race encourages the development of blue water sailing skills on seaworthy yachts that can be handled safely offshore with limited crew. The Marion Bermuda Race is organized and run entirely by hundreds of volunteering members of The Beverly Yacht Club (BYC), The Blue Water Sailing Club (BWSC) and The Royal Hamilton Amateur Dinghy Club (RHADC) for the Marion Bermuda Cruising Yacht Race Association.
2013 Race Images
Images from Spectrum Photo and others. Check out all the photos!
Click on an image for a larger version. Click top left or right edge for previous or next.
|Integrity - Winner Class B
||Roust - Overall and Class C winner
|| All woman crew and Ancient Mariner Trophy
|Roust, a Sea Sprite 34, completes her first in Class C and overall winner voyage.||Roust skipper Ian Gumprect of Oyster Bay NY and co-skippered Mark Swanson of North Creek NY||
|Shindig in Bermuda.
||Lady B in Bermuda
||Kismet finishes in Bermuda
||Alibi finishes in Bermuda
|Lady B in Bermuda
||Integrity in Bermuda
||Shearwater in Bermuda
|Spirit of Bermuda at the Start
||Spirit of Bermuda trimming sails
||Spirit of Bermuda stern shot
||Spirit of Bermuda bow shot
|Class A yacht Alibi
||Class A yacht Shindig
||Class A yacht August West
|Class B yacht Etoile and Blue Note
||Class B - Naval Academy yachts
||Class B yatch Talisman at the start
||Class B yacht Mystery
|Class C yacht Seeadler
||Class C yacht Silhouette
||Class C yacht Hotspur II and Seeadler
Official Host Sponsor of the Marion to Bermuda Cruising Yacht Race